CET Group 1 deals with all issues that are related with trademarks registration, prosecution, maintenance and protection. The groups field of work includes national trademarks, European trademarks and international trademarks in accordance with the Madrid Agreement and Protocol, with a special focus on the harmonisation of laws at international and national level, as part of FICPI’s efforts to improve the legal position of brand owners and facilitate the work of trademark practitioners.
In addition, as the group has a high understanding of the interaction of trademarks with other rights and the importance of Internet for trademark owners, they have a special focus on geographical indications and domain names.
During the present term CET 1 will pay special attention to practical issues that are of concern to trademark practitioners during their day-to-day work.
CET 1 have contributed towards the following FICPI Resolutions:
- EXCO/CN17/RES/001 Protection of Country Names
- EXCO/JP14/RES/003 Protection of Geographical Indications for non-food products in the European Union (EU)
- EXCO/CH16/RES/004 Avoidance of limitations of use of trade marks and trade dress
- EXCO/ES14/RES/002 Trade Marks in Black and White
- EXCO/IT13/RES/002 Legal Advice by IP authorities
- EXCO/IT13/RES/004 Confidentiality in IP advice
- EXCO/IT08/RES/003 Madrid Trademark System Improvements
- EXCO/CL06/RES/003 Fair Use of Trademarks
- EXCO/FR06/RES/002 National Intellectual Property Offices
- EXCO/PT05/RES/001 Opposition Practice
- EXCO/IT04/RES/002 Trade Mark Opposition proceedings in the European Union
- EXCO/ES01/RES/002 Harmonisation in Electronic Filing
- EXCO/IT60/RES/007B1 Extentsion of Times