Please mention that you found this IP professional through the FICPI website.
Mr. Leo J.J. Jessen
Johan de Wittlaan 7
PO Box 87930
Tel: (+31) 70-416 6760
Fax: (+31) 70-416 6799
Leo Jessen started his career as a patent attorney in 1992 with V.O. He studied Industrial Design Engineering and after passing his attorneys exams Leo studied law. Leo’s clients are mainly in the field of mechanical engineering. His specialisms are consumer products, medical appliances and ergonomics. Together with his clients Leo defines their IP strategy and where appropriate files, prosecutes and defends their IP rights worldwide. This also includes challenging third party rights, licensing and FTO studies. Leo has a wide experience in patent cases before the court in The Hague and before the EPO. Leo is actively involved in the training of new patent attorneys in Dutch, European and international patent practice. Furthermore he is an active member (chair) of the IP enforcement and Litigation group of FICPI, the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys.
Country of practiceNetherlands
Country/Region of residenceNetherlands
- Automotive, marine and aerospace engineering
- Biomedical engineering; medical devices
- Construction and civil engineering; structural engineering
- Energy; power generation, storage and transmission; renewable energy
- Manufacturing methods and product handling
- Mechanical, electro-mechanical and mechatronic engineering
- Medical and veterinary methods and products