Please mention that you found this IP professional through the FICPI website.
Ms. Jaya Bhatnagar
293 RPS, Sheikh Sarai - I
/ (+91) M: 9811 962 621
Counting on all her experience of 20 years with one of the most renowned Firms in India, she decided to establish her own IP Legal Firm, SiebenIP, of which she is currently the Founder and Chairperson. Formerly ex-Partner with Anand and Anand, Advocates until 2011 and also spearheaded the Design Department.
- “Indian Designs Act 2000” in internal newsletter.
- Several articles in APIC Newsletter (Japan).
- “Patent Law in India”, In Mondaq Newsletter (ranked by Mondaq Newletter: the “MOST READ” article in 2007) and
- “Data Exclusivity” (awarded the “Most Popular” article from India).
SPEAKER (Amongst others)
- Regular speaker in workshops conducted by TIFAC, Delhi University, ASSOCHAM, Medium and Small sized Enterprises
- Speaker at FIIT- IIT symposium held at IIT
- Speaker at R. S. Sheshadari Memorial Lecture, Chennai
- Speaker at International LESI conference held in Manila, Philippines in June, 2009.
Although familiar with all aspects of Intellectual Property Rights, her profile relates particularly to Patents and Industrial Designs, dealing with domestic and overseas clients and rendering legal advisory in various IP matters. She is involved in IP litigation, IP valuation and Transfer of ownership matters. She also renders service to seekers for ISO Registration.
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Council member of the Executive Committee, FICPI India
- Member to JIII since 2005
- Bachelor in Science (Chemistry) 1982
- LL.B in 1985
- Bachelor in Education in 1993
- Qualified registered Patent Attorney in 1997
- Diploma Course in Intellectual Property Law with WIPO in 2005.
Country of practiceIndia
- IP valuation
- Licensing and IP-related agreements
- Patent drafting
- Patent prosecution
- Trade mark prosecution
Country/Region of residenceIndia
- Biomedical engineering; medical devices
- Biotechnology; plant technology
- Electronics, IT and telecommunications
- Mechanical, electro-mechanical and mechatronic engineering