Members of FICPI Australia are elected by the Council following an application by the candidate to the Secretary. The application must be proposed and seconded by two existing members. To be eligible for membership of FICPI Australia, a candidate must:
- be a patent or trade marks attorney* registered in Australia
- be in independent (private) practice as a patent or trade marks attorney in Australia
- either alone (only applicable to registered patent attorneys) or as a partner or principal in an arrangement of a firm with one or more other patent attorneys registered in Australia and in the case of a trade marks attorney the one or more patent attorneys being members of the Association
- have his/her primary endeavour as a patent or trade marks attorney and
- not be in practice on behalf of only one client, or affiliated group of clients, to the exclusion of other clients
- have at least five years' experience as a patent or trade marks attorney since registration as a patent or trade marks attorney in Australia or overseas
- be of good repute.
* A trade marks attorney cannot be admitted to membership if the result would be that in the same firm there would be more trade marks attorney members than patent attorney members, or trade marks attorneys would constitute more than one third of the total membership of FICPI Australia.
If you are eligible for membership and would like to join us in FICPI Australia (and FICPI), please complete the appropriate one of these application forms:
and forward it to the Secretary.
The Australian Association of FICPI
c/o Mr. Stephen Krouzecky, Krouzer IP
Suite 11, Level 2 Versatile Building
29-31 Lexington Drive
New South Wales
Bella Vista 2153
PO Box 7980, Baulkham Hills BC, Sydney NSW 2153
Tel: +61-2-9680 8622
Fax: +61-2-8850 7789
FICPI AUSTRALIA OFFICERS:
ExCo Delegate: Mr. Stephen G. Krouzecky
ExCo Alternate Delegate: Mr. William Grant Mcfarlane
President: Mr. Stephen G. Krouzecky
Secretary: Mr. William Grant Mcfarlane
Treasurer: Mr. Chris Atichian
ex officio Council member & immediate past President: Mr. Gregory M. Chambers
Click here to view all National Associations.
View all members from Australia.