- Patent and trademark attorney; Partner at Lees & Co. in Korea; Practice mainly focused on electronic materials and devices (ceramics, electronic ceramic devices, thin films, semiconductors, nano-tubes, batteries), fuel cells and electronic displays.
- Focusing on IP (patents, trademarks and designs) preparation and prosecution, patent and trademark disputes and litigations, patent infringements, validity counseling.
- Formerly Patent Examiner at the Korean Patent Office, mainly in the fields of electronic flat panel displays (plasma display panels and field emission devices); Awarded the Outstanding Patent Examiner prize from the Korean Patent Office.
- Formerly Professor of International IP Training Institute of the Korean Patent Office; Adjunct professor of Yonsei University and Konkuk University in Seoul (IP Law).
- M.Sc. and Ph.D., Electronic materials and Electrical Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul
- B,Sc., Electrical Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul
Experience & Qualifications
- Biomedical engineering; medical devices
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics, IT and telecommunications
- Energy; power generation, storage and transmission; renewable energy
- Mechanical, electro-mechanical and mechatronic engineering
- Patent drafting
- Patent litigation
- Patent oppositions
- Patent prosecution
- Trade mark prosecution
Roles in FICPI
CET Group 6 focuses on IP issues facing innovators in software, high-tech and other computer-related fields. Group 6 is also responsible for monitoring and staying current with trends related to patent subject matter eligibility issues affecting these technology fields. Group 6 is the voice and authority within FICPI on issues and trends related to all emerging digital technologies and IP practice-related issues for practitioners representing clients in these technology fields.