Please mention that you found this IP professional through the FICPI website.
Mr. Katsumori Iseki
PIAS Tower 14F,
3-19-3 Toyosaki, Kita-ku,
Tel: +81-6-6136 6951
Fax: +81-6-6136 6952
- Experience in patent practice from 2000 - present He engaged for first 10 years mainly in patent practice relating to acquisition of rights for a global electronics company in Japan. Then, he engaged in overall intellectual property concerns of many overseas companies as well as companies in Japan and accumulated experience, additionally to the experience in the acquisition of rights, in providing support for dispute relating to intellectual property and for technology transfer including technology transfer between industry and academia. He has experience in negotiation and contraction relating to intellectual property, analysis of intellectual property information, and consulting for business strategy and overseas expansion utilizing intellectual property. He gives seminars and participates in official activities in Japan and foreign countries. He has work experience in a U.S. patent law firm.
- LL.M. (Master of Laws), University of California, Berkeley, School of Law. He enrolled in Doshisha University, Faculty of Science and Engineering (Chemical Engineering) and then transferred to Osaka University of Foreign Studies (Currently: Osaka University, Majored Language: English) and graduated with Litt.B
- Areas of expertise: Patent, utility model, trademark, design, copyright, unfair competition, litigation, Intellectual Property license, Intellectual property consulting, trade of intellectual property and technology.
- Specialty - Technology areas: Overall area of semiconductors (especially processing technology, device technology, semiconductor material), ICT, medical instruments, sporting goods, daily goods.
- Official Membership-Activity History
- Intellectual Property Advisor, Osaka Medical College (2013-present)
- Management Support Advisor in Organization for Small & Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation (2015-present)
- Judge in projects of support for international applications of small & medium enterprises (Osaka Prefecture (2015))
- Cooperator of evaluation in “Monodzukuri Innovation Project” of Osaka Prefecture
- Counterfeit/imitation damage control advisor, Japan Institute for Promoting Invention and Innovation (Trademark(2011), Patent (2012, 2014))
- Corporate Compliance Assessor, Japan Intellectual Property Arbitration Center (2012-present)
- Member of Japan Patent Attorneys Association, Intellectual property circulation fluidization investigation committee, Intellectual Property Promoting Committee, Intellectual Asset management center (2012-present)
- Member (2011-present), vice-chairman (2015), chairman (2016) in International Information Committee, Japan Patent Attorneys Association, Kinki Branch
- Administration Officer in FICPI JAPAN (Japanese Association of Federation Internationale des Conseils en Propriete Industrielle) (2016-present)
- Completed WIPO Arbitration Workshop in Korea (2013)
- The 3rd Global Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization training course (G-TEC 2013, Osaka University)- First Look Technology Assessment Certificate of Training and Team Project Award (2nd place winner) - First Look Venture Assessment Certificate of Training and Team Project Award (1st place winner)
- Awards: Excellence in Patent Law Services (Innovation & Excellence Awards 2018, Corporate Live Wire)
- Awards: Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year in Japan (International Advisory Experts Awards 2017, 2018)
- Languages: Japanese, English
Japanese Patent Attorney
Country of practiceJapan
- IP counselling
- Industrial designs and copyright counselling
- Licensing and IP-related agreements
- Patent oppositions
- Patent prosecution
Country/Region of membershipJapan