The role of FICPI’s Practice Management Committee (“PMC”) is to provide guidance, tips and news on topics related to how intellectual property attorneys do business as IP firms or sole practitioners.
PMC is organised into five working groups, each focused on a key topic:
- Human Resources
- Business Development and Marketing
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
Each of the groups supports all FICPI members in the development of their IP practices by:
- Providing information and guidance to FICPI members about practice management; to support firms in their everyday business life and development.
- Taking the lead in matters of continuing professional education, the promotion of standards and best practices and the profession as a business.Identifying trends in the profession and IP marketplace as well as challenges in the profession and offering targeted advice.
- Dealing with practical issues relating to IP asset management, IP valuation, litigation insurance and the like.