In addition to updated content and a more modern design, the site is easier to navigate and search.
The senior FICPI member who led the team on the development of the new site was Immediate Past President Douglas Deeth, of the firm Deeth Williams Wall in Toronto, Canada.
“Overall, the new site will make the operations of FICPI more efficient and will allow us to communicate more effectively with members, prospective members and the wider IP community.”
Among the specific upgrades are:
- Improved architecture to make the site easier to use on tablets and mobile devices
- An enhanced membership information section
- The addition of a members-only portal
- New discussion forums for the various FICPI committees and groups
- Re-organised libraries and easier access to documents and information
FICPI President Julian Crump observed:
“When we set out to improve the communications infrastructure of FICPI, a new website was top of our wish-list. The new FICPI.org will be welcomed by all members and I congratulate Doug and the entire team that brought this huge project to fruition.”