The role of FICPI’s Practice Management Committee (“PMC”) is to provide guidance, tips and news on topics related to how intellectual property attorneys do business as IP firms or sole practitioners.
PMC is organised into five working groups, each focused on a key topic:
- Human Resources
- Business Development and Marketing
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
Each of the groups supports all FICPI members in the development of their IP practices by:
- Providing information and guidance to FICPI members about practice management; to support firms in their everyday business life and development.
- Taking the lead in matters of continuing professional education, the promotion of standards and best practices and the profession as a business.Identifying trends in the profession and IP marketplace as well as challenges in the profession and offering targeted advice.
- Dealing with practical issues relating to IP asset management, IP valuation, litigation insurance and the like.
• General Correspondence - preferences and opinions on how members address a recipient when sending (or receiving) general correspondence
• Profit generation in IP firms – with the results of a major study to be shared at the 21st Open Forum in London, October 2023
• Reaction against the new competition from service providers (BRACE)
• Pricing methods and fee structure
• IP valuation - The FICPI Journal, Nov 2022; 1: 4-20 contains a powerful article on IP valuation
• IP practice management benchmarking questionnaire
• Best practices when automating workflow in an IP firm